Friday, 16 December 2016

Flashback

Today I'm going to take you on a ride to my past. Even if for some it might come to be a not so fun and intereting but for me it's been a long walk of making mistakes and learning from them. It make who I presently am.
Childhood was at most  normal. My parents revealed  to me that I used to be very curious. My head was always busy fiddling with questions. For my folks it was partly annoying and partly a sign that I was going to grow up to be smart and inquisitive.
Coming to an crucial time of my life, it was my dearest irritation brother SID's birth. He is 4 years younger than me. So if I go to my parents with a complain about him, I always get the same dialogue-"You were the one who begged god to bless you with a brother and now you can't compromise with him ". I'm pretty sure that compromise and sacrifice are two different things. But I don't mind sacrificing. I love him with my heart and soul. My life would be unbearably empty without him. And he does have a very cubby cheeks. Other than that there is absolutely nothing similar between us.
    Childhood was filled with innocence and imagination. One of my very first memory of me playing with colours is at the age of 7 when my dad gifted me with a set watercolours. I couldn't even draw a straight line then, but there was something that mesmerized me. Every color was so vibrant and so lush. It made me believe that I could do wonders. And even though the frog looked more fun like a ladybug, my parents liked it (at least pretended to). Today it has grown from a favourite hobby to a passion.
My dad could never settle anywhere as he kept changing his jobs. Most of the time it was to provide us with better comfort and shelter. Even though the memories are not crystal clear, sometimes glimpses of those adventures comes before my eyes.
The visit to Bhutan is the most accurate one I have. I remember the long curvy roads up the hill. The clear blue sky and my mother grunting and complaining beside me about how dizzy and nauseous she felt due to the change in altitude. My dad love hillside, it's obvious as he is a Mining Engineer. But my mother after that experience detest hills and mountain.
My love is the ocean. It my dream to have my own BEACH HOUSE one day. I want to wake up to the smell of sea the and reminisce about my past looking at the rosy sun dip under the horizon promising a better tomorrow.
My father say it's good to dream big. To hope for the best and have a positive outlook. But I fear.... I fear what if my dreams remain dreams and never become reality.
What will happen then........

No comments:

Post a Comment